Associate Software Engineer In Test
in Mesa - AZ
American Traffic Solutions (ATS) - Fleet is a leader in Toll & Violations Management Solutions, along with License and Titling services. ATS delivers Toll and Violation Management solutions to not only fleets but also Toll Authorities and Municipalities. In addition, ATS works with rental car companies and fleet management companies to offer services that include vehicle registration & titling, registration renewal management, duplicate title/re-titling, and state change of title management (including new license plates).
ATS' Mesa office is looking for an Associate Software Engineer in Test. This individual will participate in functional QA testing, build and enhance the ATS test automation application framework and assist the software development team to develop and enhance business software applications. This position combines the skillset of software engineer, traditional QA and QA automation.
- With minimal direction, analyze requirements, design and document detailed test plans/scenarios/datasets based upon requirements defined within user stories and defects
- With minimal direction, able to conduct functional testing, regression testing, system-level integration testing, end-to-end testing, and acceptance testing. Able to document results.
- With minimal direction, create functional test cases using the ATS automation framework
- With minimal direction, extend the ATS automation framework to meet new requirements
- Leverage and translate pre-existing test plans/scenarios/datasets into the ATS automation application to extent possible
- Understand the effect of iterative development and release management processes dictated by an Agile Scrum environment
- Work with business analysts, development teams, and internal groups to ensure customer requirements are being met and that test coverage/scenarios are adequate
- With minimal direction, troubleshoot issues, perform root cause analysis, and communicate solutions with both technical and business personnel. Applications will include Web apps, batch processes, and other technical solutions.
- Provide technical assistance by responding to inquiries regarding errors, problems, or technical questions
- Develop and maintain documentation
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Fundamental knowledge and understanding of Object Oriented Programming
- Fundamental understanding of SQL and/or PL/SQL and relational database concepts
- Experience developing objected oriented applications
- Experience developing high performance DML, preferably in an Oracle environment
- Experience with ‘hands on’ application programming and/or test automation