Director, Product Management
in Mesa - AZ
American Traffic Solutions (ATS) - Fleet is a leader in Toll & Violations Management Solutions, along with Title & Registration services. ATS delivers Toll and Violation Management solutions to not only fleets but also Toll Authorities and Municipalities. In addition, ATS works with rental car companies and fleet management companies to offer services that include vehicle registration & titling, registration renewal management, duplicate title/re-titling, and state change of title management (including new license plates).
ATS' Mesa office is hiring a Director, Product Management. This individual will serve as a “Voice of the Customer” and will drive the long-term strategy, vision, development and implementation of Vehicle Title & Registration services and features. This position is responsible for life-cycle decisions of the portfolio, ensuring internal and external resources deliver high quality, innovative solutions. Scope includes identifying market needs, expanding the features and functionality of existing offerings and developing new offerings for the company. The Product Director will drive new service assessment, definition and development. The Product Director will also advance development opportunities by prioritizing service and customer requirements and driving cross-functional teams to manage the service's creation, development, and execution. This role will also be responsible for driving requirements for our Business Intelligence platform in order to deliver internal reporting and key metrics, as well as customer dashboards.
The key responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Direct all aspects of defining detailed product requirements, product development and future product roadmap.
- Work closely with Sales, Account Management and Operations to identify key product and/or solution gaps; prioritize product features against market, internal and client needs.
- Own, manage and communicate product changes both internally and externally.
- Regularly perform pricing and competitive analysis by customer channel and recommend strategies to improve market position, improve quality or reduce costs.
- Develop a deep understanding of market problems and potential solutions in the Title & Registration arena through market research, productive relationships with customers and suppliers, and internal sources of market knowledge and expertise.
- Work with Sales and Marketing teams to develop successful go-to-market strategies
- Represent ATS at key industry events and initiatives.
- Produce, maintain and update annual forecast.
- Build and maintain a review of the competitive landscape in Title & Registration and regularly communicate the information to the Fleet Senior Leadership team.
- Build and retain a strong team through selecting, leading, and developing staff; managing initiatives; monitoring performance including setting expectations, coaching, recognizing achievement, and succession planning
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in a business-oriented, leadership role working cross-functionality with development/engineering, marketing and operations to deliver services or products
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the vehicle Title & Registration industry
- Previous experience in Product Management in a service-oriented business
- Ability to guide and work with cross-functional, distributed teams and manage multiple projects
- Strong market focus with the ability to synthesize knowledge from multiple external and internal sources, and define priorities that both address market problems and meet business needs
- Strong analytical, communication and presentation skills are a must
- Self-starter with entrepreneurial spirit
- Analytics and Business Intelligence