Field Service Representative/Technician
in Statewide - MA
American Traffic Solutions (ATS) - Fleet is a leader in Toll & Violations Management Solutions, along with License and Titling services. ATS delivers Toll and Violation Management solutions to not only fleets but also Toll Authorities and Municipalities. In addition, ATS works with rental car companies and fleet management companies to offer services that include vehicle registration & titling, registration renewal management, duplicate title/re-titling, and state change of title management (including new license plates).
ATS is hiring a Field Services Representative who will be based in the Boston area. The successful individual will be responsible for installing and auditing transponder boxes in rental car vehicles located at our client sites (normally large lots and garages). The position is also responsible for the assembly and maintenance of supplies, materials, and tools. The role is physically demanding as it requires working outdoors in all weather conditions and at a rapid pace. It requires entering and exiting up to 175 vehicles per day to perform transponder installs and audits, inventory management, and client/customer interaction.
- 85% of this role entails walking from car to car on large rental car lots, performing installation and audit transactions as required on each vehicle.
- 15% of this role entails ordering, receive, distributing, storing, and performing counts of transponder inventory. It also entails performing basic assembly of transponder boxes
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Physical dexterity and flexibility to perform basic product inspection & assembly in the field
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the role:
- Work on your feet with ease and agility in outdoor extreme weather conditions for full shifts (hot and cold environments, based on season)
- Walk long distances, at a rapid pace each day, carrying a tools and transponder inventory. May carry up to 20 lbs or push cart weighing up to 60 lbs for long distances.
- Lift boxes that may weigh up to 50 lbs.
- Enter/Exit up to 175 vehicles per day to install and audit transponders
- Open availability: Able to work day or night shift on weekdays/weekends/holidays, based on staffing needs
- Ability to professionally communicate with our clients (senior level managers & directors) on a daily basis and represent the PlatePass brand. Daily client discussions include a review of demand, fleet volumes, inventory, escalations, site specific concerns, etc. Must have excellent communication skills and experience interacting with senior managers/directors (client).
- Ability to serve as a PlatePass brand ambassador by interacting with customers when faced with questions or concerns. The ability to direct customers to the appropriate channel is critical.
- Flexibility to work at multiple sites within a defined geographic region (e.g. 30 mile radius)
- Owns a vehicle and can drive to designated site locations as required as part of normal work day
- Able to follow directions, possess effective communication, critical thinking skills, problem solving, and customer service skills.
- Literacy with a PC, including internet, spreadsheets, word, outlook, etc
- Attire as a field service representative consists of black, grey, or khaki work pants, polo type shirt, and black or brown work shoes. A jacket may be worn as long as it is solid black or grey color. These clothing items are to be provided by the employee. American Traffic Solutions will provide a work vest.
*Must have clean driving record