Field Service Supervisor
in Remote - NJ
American Traffic Solutions (ATS) - Fleet is a leader in Toll & Violations Management Solutions, along with License and Titling services. ATS delivers Toll and Violation Management solutions to not only fleets but also Toll Authorities and Municipalities. In addition, ATS works with rental car companies and fleet management companies to offer services that include vehicle registration & titling, registration renewal management, duplicate title/re-titling, and state change of title management (including new license plates).
ATS Metro New York office is looking to hire a Field Services Supervisor which is responsible for installing and auditing transponder boxes in rental car vehicles located at our client sites (normally large lots and garages). This role works in the field as an independent contributor and also a leads a team of field installers.
The position is also responsible for the assembly and maintenance of supplies, materials, and tools. The role is physically demanding as it requires working outdoors in all weather conditions and at a rapid pace. It requires entering and exiting up to 175 vehicles per day to perform transponder installs and audits, inventory management, and client/customer interaction.
- Provides leadership and direction to a team of 4-8 field installers across a defined footprint of sites
- Achieves productivity targets (e.g. installs per hour, audits per hour, etc).
- Achieve install and audit targets
- Impeccable attention to detail and quality
- Identifying issues in the field and escalating to program manager
- Maintain relationships with key client contacts at each site
- Ability to work independently in a role that may require the Field Service Representative to travel between various sites to maintain saturation rates.
40-50% of the role is comprised of daily production:
- Primary Function- Walking from car to car on large rental car lots, performing installation and audit transactions as required on each vehicle.
- Secondary Function - Ordering, receive, distributing, storing, and performing counts of transponder inventory. It also entails performing basic assembly of transponder boxes
50-60% of the role is comprised is geared around leadership:
- Responsible for training field personnel. This includes providing work direction, quality inspection, and coaching to installers and vendor personnel.
- Development of field policies and procedures
- Producing and delivering daily reports to field installers to measure productivity, inventory levels, etc
- Staffing/Scheduling field installers
- Resolving issues with inventory, production questions, process questions, and client inquiries
- Coordinating inventory movement, ordering, and reconciliation across sites
- Building relationships with key site contacts and handling escalations
- Traveling as needed to various sites
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Physical dexterity and flexibility to perform basic product inspection & assembly in the field
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the role:
- Work on your feet with ease and agility in outdoor extreme weather conditions for full shifts (hot and cold environments, based on season)
- Walk long distances, at a rapid pace each day, carrying a tools and transponder inventory. May carry up to 20 lbs or push cart weighing up to 60 lbs for long distances
- Lift boxes that may weigh up to 50 lbs.
- Enter/Exit up to 175 vehicles per day to install and audit transponders
- Ability to professionally communicate with our clients (senior level managers & directors) on a daily basis and represent the PlatePass brand. Daily client discussions include a review of demand, fleet volumes, inventory, escalations, site specific concerns, etc. Must have excellent communication skills and experience interacting with senior managers/directors (client).
- Ability to serve as a PlatePass brand ambassador by interacting with customers when faced with questions or concerns. The ability to direct customers to the appropriate channel is critical.
- Open availability: Able to work day or night shift on weekdays/weekends/holidays, based on staffing needs
- Flexibility to work at multiple sites within a defined geographic region
- Owns a vehicle and can drive to designated site locations as required as part of normal work day
- Able to follow directions, possess effective communication, critical thinking skills, problem solving, and customer service skills.
- Strong literacy with a PC, including internet, spreadsheets, word, outlook, etc.
- Must have advanced proficiency and experience with excel, including pivot tables, v lookups, formulas/functions, formatting, charts/graphs, developing reporting, and large data set manipulation
- Attire as a field service representative consists of black, grey, or khaki work pants, polo type shirt, and black or brown work shoes. A jacket may be worn as long as it is solid black or grey color. These clothing items are to be provided by the employee. Our company will provide a work vest.
- Self-starter – strong ability to work independently
- Ability to travel by air or personal vehicle to locations outside of the immediate vicinity. Out of state travel may range from 5-20% of the time
- 3+ Years Previous Leadership Experience Required
*Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
*Must have clean driving record