Manager, Client Implementation, Application Development
in Mesa - AZ
Are you ready to work with a purpose? The mission of American Traffic Solutions (ATS) is to save lives and improve safety on the roads of the communities we serve. ATS pioneered the road safety camera industry over 25 years ago and continues to be on the forefront of the industry as the market share leader. We are the leading provider of traffic safety, mobility and compliance solutions for state & local governments, commercial fleets and rental car companies.
ATS' Mesa office is looking for a Manager, Client Implementations, Application Development. This individual will help the organization achieve business goals with software solutions. This individual will work under the guidance of the Director of Software Development to assure delivery of optimal client solutions. This individual will collaborate with all technical resources and business stakeholders to design, deliver and support client solutions.
This position envisions client set up, client configurations, client modifications and manages projects through completion; analyzes, designs and develops client solutions and new external interface modules; manages client projects and associated team members from initial project design through validation while providing strategic management direction.
The key responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Exercises independent judgment and discretion in overall solution management by prioritizing, planning and tracking configuration, solution requests, resource utilization, and progress
- Manages the design, development and modification of client configurations and external interfaces, including prototypes
- Researches client solution options and provides analysis for optimal solution direction
- Consults with internal departments to identify stakeholder needs and includes in project objectives. Provides support regarding client solutions to internal departments
- Manages and negotiates team priorities and request backlog
- Manages, supports, and guides software developers in the design, creation and maintenance of client solutions and interfaces
- Manages problem escalation from existing clients and interacts with software development to identify optimal resolutions
- Evaluates employee performance, supports creation and execution of employee development plans
- Sets expectations and goals for team and individual staff members, recruits, disciplines and guides staff training activities
- Creates related documentation
Required Education and Experience
- Five to seven years’ experience managing a team in a technical environment
- Five to seven years’ experience designing and delivering client solutions
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- B.S. in computer science, information systems or equivalent experience
- One to two years of experience in a team lead or technical project lead role